Saturday, November 26, 2016

What actually happened to Jimmy

So many of you send me messages daily on what actually happened to me.  I am not playing mysterious or even shy, it just is too draining to repeat over and over again.  I really appreciate the concern more than you can ever know, so I decided I will blog it, in a few parts.  If I try to write it all at once, I'll get into a spin and get upset.

I want to say upfront, that I do not know what the lesson to be learned was.  I've always loved life, and have always  appreciated every day of it, so it didn't make me appreciate my life any more.  I have always and do treat people very well.  It won't make me kinder.  It seems to be a bit of a cruel joke, but it happened and that's that.

From the beginning.  I was in San Francisco with a friend.  We were having a great time, just doing what we felt like, whenever we felt like it.  No schedule, no itinerary.  A few meetings but nothing enough to ruin the time.   We were just enjoying the beauty of staying at Fisherman's Wharf, the water, the people, the stores, and of course the amazing seafood.

We were having coffee one day in the Castro at the Country Club.  For those of you who don't know of it, it is a sober hangout.  It is used for meetings, socializing, hanging out and also has a cool coffee bar in it.

I got a cramping feeling in my stomach and told my friend to get the coffees and meet me outside on the outdoor patio.  The cramping was intense and it was making me sweat a lot.  The air was cool so I thought it best to be out there.

After a while it stopped and we went to leave and go to dinner at a french place we passed by and liked.  The Country Club is an old Victorian house that was donated.  It has about 16 steps to get to the sidewalk.  My friend went ahead of me, thinking all was OK.  She walked a few doors down, not knowing that I literally fell down the stairs from pain and was caught by this guy at the bottom.  I didn't get hurt, but knew something was wrong.  I am big at ignoring pain, so I did.  All through dinner, then all through late night drinks and snacks.

I did tell her the next day that I was tired and was gonna stay in my room all day, and to pick me up for dinner.  She was fine with that and did her own thing.  I laid down all day, fighting off cramping, and believing I ate too much seafood and probably was having some kind of reaction.

She came  back later and got me, and we went to dinner, but kept it slow and close to the hotel. The cramping was there but less.  I laughed through dinner and just couldn't wait till the next day to get back to Weho.
  
If you know me, that is a true sign that something is wrong, because I love San Francisco.  I NEVER want to leave when I visit there.  


The next day which was a Saturday, we flew back home, taking our time and she drops me off at my apartment.  The babysitter brought Luna home, and I laid on the couch cuddling with her.  Something was wrong, but I just ignored it, because I assumed I would be OK now that I was in my own apartment.

Wrong.  Very wrong.

I'll write more tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment